Macintosh features for Deaf-Blind and Universal Access

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Fri Aug 31 15:28:03 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
August 31, 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 8:03 AM, André Thibeault wrote:

> Good morning Val,
>
> I buy an apple computer (iMac).  I cannot see any symbols (SignMaker).  What do I do?
>
> Have a nice day
>
> André

------

Hello Andre!
I am sooo happy to learn about your new Macintosh. I am sure you will enjoy your new computer.

Please be sure to write to both Steve and Adam too, or better yet, write to the SignWriting List for help. That will help me, since I am not always on my computer…

To reverse your screen, so you can see your screen better:

1. go to System Preferences in your Mac operating system.

2. Choose Universal Access button.

3. Under Seeing, change the Display button to White on Black…once you do this you should be able to see everything on your Mac reversed, no matter what program you are using…and there are other adjustments too…I hope you can get someone to help you do this…

Once you have everything reversed, I would suggest using the Quebec SignPuddle that is for "sighted people" since now your computer is automatically reversed…Steve created the one for the Deaf-Blind specially for you when you were using Windows, but on the Mac it is not necessary because you can just reverse everything automatically on your entire system…

Is this true, Steve? Am I thinking correctly?

Sutton at SignWriting.org

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org