Macintosh features for Deaf-Blind and Universal Access

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Fri Aug 31 16:05:52 UTC 2012

Hi Val and everyone,

I already did Universal Access. The screen is White on Black.

Instruction:
1. dictionary (sighted people) (Quebec Sign Language)
2. Search by word button
3. Type papa
4. Re-write sign button
I cannot edit it because i do not see any symbols for PAPA.

Regards,

André

De :  Valerie Sutton <signwriting at mac.com>
Date :  Fri, 31 Aug 2012 08:28:03 -0700
À :  SignWriting List <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Cc :  Steve Slevinski <slevin at signpuddle.net>, Adam Frost
<frost at signwriting.org>, André Thibeault <atg at videotron.ca>
Objet :  Macintosh features for Deaf-Blind and Universal Access

SignWriting List
August 31, 2012

On Aug 31, 2012, at 8:03 AM, André Thibeault wrote:

> Good morning Val,
>
> I buy an apple computer (iMac).  I cannot see any symbols (SignMaker).  What
> do I do?
>
> Have a nice day
>
> André

------

Hello Andre!
I am sooo happy to learn about your new Macintosh. I am sure you will enjoy
your new computer.

Please be sure to write to both Steve and Adam too, or better yet, write to
the SignWriting List for help. That will help me, since I am not always on
my computerŠ

To reverse your screen, so you can see your screen better:

1. go to System Preferences in your Mac operating system.

2. Choose Universal Access button.

3. Under Seeing, change the Display button to White on BlackŠonce you do
this you should be able to see everything on your Mac reversed, no matter
what program you are usingŠand there are other adjustments tooŠI hope you
can get someone to help you do thisŠ

Once you have everything reversed, I would suggest using the Quebec
SignPuddle that is for "sighted people" since now your computer is
automatically reversedŠSteve created the one for the Deaf-Blind specially
for you when you were using Windows, but on the Mac it is not necessary
because you can just reverse everything automatically on your entire systemŠ

Is this true, Steve? Am I thinking correctly?

Sutton at SignWriting.org <http://Sutton@SignWriting.org/>

SignWriting
Read & Write Sign Languages
http://www.SignWriting.org <http://www.SignWriting.org/>