My TED 2012 presentation

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Thu Aug 9 19:59:45 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
August 9, 2012

Thank you for this message, Charles. Of course we all agree with you from a user's point of view.

From a programming perspective, the fact that SignWriting was used to program the Avatar to move like that, is a good thing…

... In the past people told us that HamNoSys was better at programming Avatars to move, but Professor Jemni's project, I believe uses a form of SWML that they may have tweaked a bit, but nonetheless, if SignWriting played a role in the programming of the Avatar then that is a valuable thing too…

I agree that the user interface could be using the written script for sign languages, SignWriting, to the benefit of the users as well - but those are two different roles to play -

Val ;-)

-----