AW: AW: Mouth symbols

Stefan Wöhrmann stefanwoehrmann at GOOGLEMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 18 16:19:29 UTC 2012

Hi Rafaela, Valerie, Adam, ...

Well in order to „understand“ what the reader is supposed to do,  it is
better to minimize the guessing game.

- smile -

As  I understood Rafaela – she asked for a way to write a sign that shows a
mouth as if saying (without voice) “brumm”  or “papa”

This is what we call “Mundbilder” within SignWriting – This kind of
speechwriting is already pretty good defined and it can be adopted to
various “spoken languages” if you focus on the symbols that are already
defined...

In this case it is no problem to write four head circles and the additional
“Mundbilder”

In the end you show up with a written sign that is exact and easy to
understand, to perform, to read ...

Of course there are other signs in sign languages that ask for
mouth-movements and facial expressions that are not associated with spoken
language but with mimic.

Stefan

  _____