AW: New handshapes for the ISWA 2010

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Sep 19 15:40:30 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
September 19, 2012

Hello everyone!

I have not been able to read all the messages on the List yet - I am going to read them all now…smile…thank you for all your messages ;-)

So I will write again soon…

But thank you everyone, for your input, and thank you, Steve, for suggesting this new idea - an ISWA 2010 Symbol Addendum, or whatever we wish to call it, will be welcome I know to many users….

But it will take time, because there are so many aspects to adding symbols, and making certain that other software developers can access the new symbols without changing their own software…we want to be sure that DELEGS software in Germany and SignWriter Studio software in Honduras can still coordinate with SignPuddle Online with no further software development needed on their part -

This means that when a new symbol is proposed, that if for some reason other software does not use the Addendum, that there is some symbol in the current ISWA 2010 that can replace it that would be acceptable as a replacement so the other software still functions -

I am grateful to all the software developers around the world who program using the ISWA 2010 -

So let me read all your messages - and I will respond in detail - and also Dali Balti in Tunisia - I do have some suggestions as to how I would teach - smile -

Val ;-)

--------