New handshapes for the ISWA 2010

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Sep 19 16:11:16 UTC 2012

SignWriting List
September 19, 2012

Hello Steve and everyone!
Thank you for generously offering your time to work on this software addendum…

This wil be a work in progress and will take time, because the ISWA 2010 is already used around the world, in other software as well as ours, so we have to make sure that all symbols in the Addendum will fit with the current software developments…I am sure it can be done -

So SignWriting users …if there are hand symbols or facial expressions you feel are lacking in the ISWA 2010, create good artwork of the symbols you propose and send the artwork to me and Steve privately, and we will communicate with you about the symbols and then add them to the Addendum.

We are limiting this to only hand symbols and Facial Expressions - nothing more.

We do not know when such an Addendum will be available, so you may have to be patient once your symbols are submitted -

Thank you all for writing so many sign languages - and it is really an honor to realize how many people are writing with the SignWriting Script daily - Poland is blossoming, and Jordan - wow - Jordan's photos are so amazing - I will be posting a new web article about Jordan shortly -

I wonder if Jordanian Sign Language has all the hand symbols needed? (big smile)...

Val ;-)

--------