ISWA (2010) Detailed Location symbols

Claudia S. Bianchini chiadu14 at GMAIL.COM
Sat Sep 15 15:07:42 UTC 2012

The term Glyphes comes from Pennacchi 2008

Pennacchi B. 2008. Mettere nero su bianco la LIS. In: C. Bagnara, S.
Corazza, S. Fontana, A. Zuccalà (eds) "I Segni parlano: prospettive di
ricerca sulla Lingua dei Segni italiana". Franco Angeli, Milano:
140-147.
http://books.google.it/books?id=aZ-1Mb75PBgC&pg=PA159&lpg=PA159&dq=glifo+signwriting&source=bl&ots=Ac2wY6_Wbw&sig=f29MJe_dOgMxAcfIs4tCGPnzuss&hl=it

She decide to use "glyphes" because it meaning is only marginally
related to terms connected to vocal languages.
Because for "symbol" you have a lot of meanings (link in Pierce's
theory of iconicity) that give aspectations about what is the value of
a unit in SW. The same is for "caractère" or other words connected to
language theory.

By the way, if you use glyphs, you have to say that is not in a
informatical way that you use the term.

Claudia

chiadu14 at tiscali.it