SignWriting Workshop June 28 - July 4th, 2013

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Tue Apr 2 15:28:33 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
April 2, 2013

Hi Erika!
I am glad you are looking for funding to come here and we always are happy to see you, no matter what schedule ;-)

Yes, we are hoping to offer a SignWriting Symposium in 2014 - that is a little different than this SignWriting Workshop in 2013.

The SW Symposium 2014 will call for papers to be presented on SignWriting research, projects, and educational work, and will also offer workshops for learning SignWriting.

So the Workshop this June-July is smaller and focusing on training in SignWriting. The 2013 workshop is designed to take participants from the basics to advanced writing of SignWriting literature, and to learn SignPuddle and other software well - Some people may only attend one or two sessions, but if a person takes the full seven sessions they should be fairly skilled and writing SignWriting documents by the end of the week… The workshop ends with a 4th of July party celebration - it should be fun!

So hope you can make it ;-)

We are still looking for a place to hold the workshop and we hope to arrange for dorm room possibilities at a local university for those traveling from a far...

Val ;-)

---------

--------