AW: Writing Non Manual Signals

Wed Apr 10 22:15:16 UTC 2013

Hi Natasha, Adam, Erika and friends,

well you know that I am working for more than a decade on
developing/inventing  a symbolset to describe what the mouth, the lips, the
tongue are doing while performing movement as if somebody is speaking—I call
this kind of symbols “Mundbilder”  So this has nothing to do with sound but
only with kind of lipreading –

The spelling depends on your focus. If you want to really understand exactly
what the mouth is doing I would transcribe the complete set of Mundbilder
that represents the “pronouncing” of “finish”

If you just want to support the reader – who already knows what is going on
looking at the movement of the hands. And if you just want to give a hint
that there is a performance coming from the mouth as well – the informed
reader will be satisfied just to read the beginning ...

In this case I would write the sign “finish” this way  --

Regards

Stefan

  _____