New SignWriting App for iPhone

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed Aug 7 15:39:10 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
August 7, 2013

Hello Stefan!
Thank you very much for this feedback. I agree with you. It would be better to write the vocabulary words in lower case letters, unless the Capital Letter is needed for a proper name. In English, we oftentimes capitalize words that are being used as "demonstration" words, and I believe that is why that happened…but you are right that inside a sentence those words would not be capitalized. For Deaf students, this is an important point.

Your feedback is valuable, and feel free to give us other suggestions. Thank you so much for helping us.

Today I am ordering an iPad Mini from the Apple store so I can really look at the App carefully. This means that I will be able to enjoy the Signbook App that was developed for your work in Germany too…I can study both Apps, which will be so much fun...

For those on the SignWriting List who may not realize….There are two Apps for SignWriting in the iTunes App store now:

Signbook App
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/signbook/id578623368?mt=8

SignWriting App
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/signwriting/id680908316?mt=8

The SignBook App was developed in Hamburg, Germany, by Lasse Schneider, and is connected with Delegs and SignPuddle software. I noticed the Signbook App is now supporting more languages. Thank you so much, Lasse, and everyone working on the Signbook project.

Here is a photo of the Signbook App:

Val ;-)

---------