AW: AW: Design for SignPuddle 3: parts-of-speech and morphology of sign language

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Thu Dec 12 20:52:23 UTC 2013

“The biggest change will be a status for each entry.
* provisional
* approved
* nonstandard
* rejected

Hi Steve

– I am afraid that this will cause problems – who am I to judge things like
these categories ...no – all I take care of as much as possible is to make
sure that most entries should be written correctly .. I  do not stop to
mention at any workshop or meeting that it is not the question of signing or
signlanguage what I am interested in – as a SignWriting scribe – I am
interested to write, whatever I see as a given signing – performance. That
is the reason that it is so wonderfull to add several dialects or variations
of a given sign/term ... Your new categories should be entered in private
puddles – people may hire a staff or a group of a scientific comunity may
want to think about this ...

Just my idea

Stefan

  _____