Signbook - SignWriting app for iPhone and iPad

Schneider, Lasse Lasse.Schneider at C1-WPS.DE
Wed Jan 2 12:57:25 UTC 2013

Hello Valerie and everybody on the SignWriting-List,

First of all a happy new year 2013 to all of you :)

We are happy to announce the release of the first SignWriting app in Apple's Appstore: Signbook.

With this app for the iPhone and iPad one can search the Delegs dictionaries (which also include the corresponding SignPuddle dictionaries) of the following sign languages: ASL, DGS, LSE, LIBRAS, PJM, LSF, LSFB. So at the moment it is basically a portable SignWriting dictionary which you can carry in your pocket and lookup a sign no matter where you are. We are planning on adding further features in the future.

Here is the link to the app in the Appstore:
https://itunes.apple.com/en/app/signbook/id578623368?mt=8

You can also find the app by searching for "Signbook" in the Appstore.

To cover at least a part of our expenses we have to charge $1.99 for the purchase of the app. But we think this is an affordable price for everybody.

Please try out the app, and do not hesitate to ask us questions or give us feedback.

Best regards,
Lasse

Software Developer

C1 WPS Workplace Solutions               Geschäftsführer:
Gesellschaft für DV-Beratung mbH        Dr. Guido Gryczan
Vogt-Kölln-Straße 30                            Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heinz Züllighoven
22527 Hamburg                                    HRB 73999 - Amtsgericht Hamburg
Telefon: +49 40 51 32 26 82                  Info at c1-wps.de<mailto:Info at c1-wps.de>
Telefax: +49 40 51 32 26 83                  http://www.C1-wps.de<http://www.c1-wps.de/>
Lasse.Schneider at c1-wps.de<mailto:Lasse.Schneider at c1-wps.de>