Andre Thibeault and his family from French-Canada visited me today ;-)

André Thibeault atg at VIDEOTRON.CA
Sat Jan 5 21:13:34 UTC 2013

HI Val, Paul, Doro, Nancy,and everyone,

Yes, our family visited your home, near San Diego (California), on Januray
1st.  Val, her parents and Nancy were disappointed that my son Nonibeau
(15-year- old) was missing and not introduced to them. That is because he
rented a bike to ride the pathway alongside the Pacific Coast.  My daughter
Audrée, I12-year-old) tried to speak a little English and Spanish with them.
It was wonderful to meet them.  We talked about various SignWriting issues.

To Val and her parents: thank you very much for letting us visit your home.

To Nancy: thank you so much for being the interpreter for us all (my family
and Val's parents).

Best regards,

André
De :  Valerie Sutton <signwriting at MAC.COM>
Répondre à :  "SignWriting List: Read and Write Sign Languages"
<SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Date :  Tue, 01 Jan 2013 21:16:08 -0800
À :  <SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
Objet :  Andre Thibeault and his family from French-Canada visited me today
;-)

SignWriting List
January 1, 2013

Dear SignWriting List!

I am happy to tell you that Andre Thibeault and his family from
French-Canada visited me today ;-)

Interpreter Nancy Romero, who is skilled in SignWriting, came too, and Andre
and his lovely wife and daughter, and Nancy and my parents ..we all sat
around our kitchen table for two hours and ate sweets and had a discussion
about using SignWritingŠwe even videotaped Andre telling a story in sign
language about flying an airplane - using classifiers - a dynamic
performance!

We talked about possibly starting a Wikipedia in Quebec Sign Language (LSQ)
someday - I hope that will happen - It will provide information for the
world, and also teach people how to read articles in written sign languages,
and we can connect the different sign language wikipedias together so they
link to each other  -

We only wish that Andre and his family could have stayed longer - Come back
soon, Andre and Andree and Audrey -

signwriting at mac.com

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc