All Things Linguistic: SignWriting in ASL

Erika erhoffma at OBERLIN.EDU
Sat Mar 2 22:32:45 UTC 2013

Yes, it's funny how the contrasts being framed between SW and Si5s are, in my limited experience, not based on a well grounded understanding of the systems (and this applies to me too, as I have a very basic understanding of Si5s). I'm going to send some of my colleagues from the conference some further information on SW - not because I will convert them necessarily but because I'd like them to understand what SW is and is not. But one exciting thing is that the buzz about Si5s shows that there may be less resistance to the broader idea if writing sign languages...

Sent from my iPhone