signwriting (swml file problem)

Asmaa Shaban eng_asmaashaban at YAHOO.COM
Wed May 8 15:46:45 UTC 2013

Greeting Dr Jonathan Duncan ,
Yes  Dr Jonathan I  already will make a wep application (ASP.Net)for Arabic signwriting as you told Dr  Jonathan (type in Arabic Text and get Arabic sign language)  .
 C# is the most programming language I familiar with as i made most my projects with C# (wep app. & windows app.)
I already thanks  Dr Stephen as he sent me how to generate SVG from FSW using PHP tool , but I do not know more about PHP.
 Thanks Much in Advance .

________________________________
 From: Jonathan Duncan <duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Wednesday, May 8, 2013 4:01 AM
Subject: Re: signwriting (swml file problem)

Hi Asmaa Shaban,
    I am Jonathan Duncan the author of SignWriter Studio.  I have
    code that imports and exports to and from FSW and creates PNG of
    signs.  I don't currently have any for FSW to SVG document in
    SignWriter Studio, that's my next little project.  SignWriter Studio
    is written in VB.Net which can converted be to C# or the DLL can
    also be decompiled to C# with  a utility like ".Net Reflector" or
    "Jet Brains dotPeek".   I would be happy to share some code to get
    you started once I a get a clearer idea of what you need.

Tell me a bit more about the project you are working on. So far I
    understand that you want to do it in C#, and if I remember correctly
    is this a web application so I would be assuming ASP.Net. Or is it a
    desktop application?  You want to type in Arabic Text and get Arabic
    sign language.  Much like the what Signpuddle can do here.

http://www.signbank.org/signpuddle2.0/translate.php?ui=1&sgn=84
type in قديم كلمة مذكّر

and get the signs that correspond to the words?  Is this what you
    want to program?
By the way I don't know what those words are I just copied and
    pasted them from the dictionary as an example.

Also what programming languages are you familiar with?  How long
    have you been programming, what type of programs have you written in
    the past?

If you understand CoffeeScript or Javascript the
    SignWriterLayoutEngline could give you another example of how to
    parse an FSW string and how to position the SVG symbols.  http://www.signwriterstudio.com/download/SignWriterLayoutEngine.zip

The only logic that won't work for you there might be the IndexedDB
    which you could swap out for the SQLite versions of the Refactored
    font.
    http://www.signwriterstudio.com/download/iswa%20-%20Refactored.zip

Jonathan

On 5/6/2013 6:41 PM, Asmaa Shaban wrote:

That is fine  Dr Stephen , But i do not know more about PHP . So, there is no another  way ??
>or another programming language as C# for example  ??
>If it is not available can i use PNG ?
>

>________________________________

                  TrueType Font is perfected.

>2-  I should  do the FSW for each sign and also define its word in arabic as for example  (fig 1) where the user  when enter the FSW or the word in arabic , the sign is returned .
The FSW is the mathematical name of the sign.  The SVG image is created from the FSW.

>3- But here i do not understand  how to link among the SVG file (fig2) and the dictionary file (fig 1) .
>>thanks in advance

The SVG file is created from the FSW.  The open source project the "SignWriting Icon Server" is able to create the SVG from the FSW.

>I just published the first release candidate for the
                  SignWriting Icon Server.  You can grab the source from
                  Github and install your own, or you can use one of the
                  several existing SignWriting Icon Servers available
                  online.  I would suggest the Wikimedia Labs based
                  server.

>Github source: https://github.com/Slevinski/swis
>
>Wikimedai Labs server: http://swis.wmflabs.org
>SignBank Server: http://signbank.org/swis
>
>Specifically, the "glyphogram.php" script is used to
                  create the SVG.
>http://swis.wmflabs.org/glyphogram.php?font=svg&text=M528x546S14c18472x463S14c10503x454S2ea18481x511S2ea08513x501S2fd00494x540
>
>You can call this script directly or learn to use the
                  SignWriting Thin Viewer for website in general.

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca
         joyoduncan at gmail.com
Cel Honduras: (504)3141-1171
Tel USA: (347)875-8442