Nicaraguan Sign Language Handbook

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Wed May 15 01:16:19 UTC 2013

Hi James,
     Thank you for sharing this information on the web and the letting
us know about the website here on the list.

I have read through
http://www.nicaraguansignlanguageprojects.org/uploads/ISN_gramatica_version_espanol.pdf
and found it very inspirational.  It will of help for many people to
sign clearer.  At this point there is no known attempts of grammatical
analysis of LESHO (LEnguaje de Senas HOdurenas) and I can see several
similarities between both languages.  As you mention it will be helpful
for students of any sign language.  I used some of the ideas to help
some friends in a small town who are trying to learn LESHO.  Its was
useful to help them clear up several misunderstandings about sign languages.

I wanted to point out to you that for some reason pages 11-15 of the
Spanish version are in English.  It would be nice for those pages to be
in Spanish too.

Thanks for all of you work there in Nicaragua and sharing it with us all

Jonathan

--

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>