Steve Slevinski traveling to Wikimedia Hackathon in Amsterdam

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Wed May 22 02:14:54 UTC 2013

SignWriting List
May 21, 2013

Hi Steve!
We wish you the very best trip to Amsterdam!

Steve will be attending:

Wikimedia Hackathon, Amsterdam, 2013
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Amsterdam_Hackathon_2013

We can't wait to have Wikipedias in many written sign languages…

Thank you for making this possible and please tell everyone at the Wikimedia Hackathon how thankful we are for their help…

The ASL Wikipedia will soon have new articles on the following topics:

1. National Theater of the Deaf (in the United States)
2. Deaf Culture
3. Deaf History
4. American Sign Language
5. People in the fields of sign language research and SignWriting development

Steve - Be sure to write to the List when you get back to tell us what happened...

Amsterdam is a beautiful city…I was there back in 1982 I believe - I bet it has changed a lot!

signwriting at mac.com

ASL Wikipedia Project on Wikimedia Labs
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org

ASL articles are translations of articles in the English Wikipedia:

1. Charles-Michel de l'Epee
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Charles-Michel_de_l%27Epee

2. Laurent Clerc
http://ase.wikipedia.wmflabs.org/wiki/Laurent_Clerc