Hunting for a sign

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Mon Nov 4 20:05:03 UTC 2013

On 11/4/13, 12:10 PM, Charles Butler wrote:
> I'm trying to create a dictionary of Brazilian sign language with the
> LIBRAS corpus and I have focused entirely on the Search function
> starting with the handshapes in Sign-Symbol-Sequence order. If ALL
> signs don't come up by that, then there is something that is
> definitely missing in the search process.
When dealing with symbols, there are 3 features of SignPuddle for
searching: including Search by Symbols, Search by Groups, and Symbol
Frequency.

The first option "Search by Symbols", starts with a location aware
search.  After the initial search, you can ignore the location for a
more general search if you want.

Both "Search by Groups" and "Symbol Frequency" do not use location aware
searching.

All three of the above search options can show all of the signs that use
a given hand shape.  For the "Search by Symbols", you'll just need an
extra click to ignore the location aware search.

Regards,
-Steve