Hunting for a sign

Charles Butler chazzer3332000 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Nov 4 22:11:26 UTC 2013

Ah, I've been using the Symbol Frequency so that should not be an issue. Thanks for checking.

Charles Butler
chazzer3332000 at yahoo.com
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business forward.

________________________________
 From: Stephen E Slevinski Jr <slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET>
To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sent: Monday, November 4, 2013 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: Hunting for a sign

On 11/4/13, 12:10 PM, Charles Butler wrote:

I'm trying to create a dictionary of Brazilian sign language with the LIBRAS corpus and I have focused entirely on the Search function starting with the handshapes in Sign-Symbol-Sequence order. If ALL signs don't come up by that, then there is something that is definitely missing in the search process.
When dealing with symbols, there are 3 features of SignPuddle for searching: including Search by Symbols, Search by Groups, and Symbol Frequency.

The first option "Search by Symbols", starts with a location aware
    search.  After the initial search, you can ignore the location for a
    more general search if you want.

Both "Search by Groups" and "Symbol Frequency" do not use location
    aware searching.

All three of the above search options can show all of the signs that
    use a given hand shape.  For the "Search by Symbols", you'll just
    need an extra click to ignore the location aware search.

Regards,
-Steve

sutton at signwriting.org
Post Messages to the SignWriting List: