SWIFT - SignWriting Editor

Claudia S. Bianchini chiadu14 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 3 11:41:53 UTC 2013

Hi Maria
sorry for the late answer but I was on holidays in Peru (wonderfull
trip!!!!)
1) the program is online, not available for download but available to use
(even if it is not a "full public" version, cause we are still working on
it... some features ar not finished yet)... maybe you can write to Fabrizio
Borgia (in CC), the software developper, to ask where you can see it by
your eyes (I use a "personal" version on a specific website, but is my
research working space, so if you add signs you will change my statistics)
2) SWift is very different from SignPuddle... it has the same use, so you
can compose signs in SW, but the architecture of the software is brand new
and also the organisation of the glyphes of SW (is organised on my
classification... see my phd thesis). So it doesn't work with a system of
"chineses box" ad SignPuddle, but with a "dicotomic" choosing system... you
also have new features as the "ad hoc" glyphes composition (see my
thesis)... is hard to explain by mail... you will see when Fabrizio will
tell you the website.
3) you can do both, single signs and text
hope the answer will satisfy you
:-)
Claudia

--