AW: hand shape BSL 9

Stefan Woehrmann stefanwoehrmann at GEBAERDENSCHRIFT.DE
Sun Sep 29 14:35:14 UTC 2013

Hi Adam, Charles...

thanks for your comment... Yes you are right ... I understand... the Digitus
minimus (manus),  is still in contact with the palm. ...But what if not???
Uuups-

Following the idea of “hand shape constraction we would start with the flat
hand – “house” ... right Valerie ..since no finger would touch the palm.

I remember the discussion with a group of designers in our team. They looked
carefully at the symbols and discussed improvements in order to give all the
symbols a consistent look ...

Perhaps this symbol would / should become a candidate for that .smile.  The
professional designers would ask for the reason that the thumb is of
different lenght and angle compared to other similar symbols.

I myself have a problem that compared with many, many other symbols of the
ISWA  the line of the index is not at the same level of the line of the
square. This may be a reason that I could not find a symbol that I was
looking for.

If you compare the two options I probably would vote for the second graphic
;-))

ISWA symbol

Possible new design

All best