Ordering Signs in Dictionaries

Jonathan y Yolaine joyoduncan at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 21 02:59:58 UTC 2014

Hi Charles,
     Thank for this explanation, it makes things much clearer.  I agree
it will be a work in progress, I will let you know when I have something
to show you.  Keep me posted on how things are going on your end.

Regards,
Jonathan

2. What figure (See the individual chapters)?  I need more explanation
about this one. (Which of the hand shapes in the Group, there are more
than 20 under Group 1. That's what I mean by "figure". A Group contains
many "figures". Those individual figures are already ordered in the
SignPuddle, I am not changing the order of their introduction, I am
starting by Group, then Figure, then Orientation, then Rotation.) I was
not going to repeat a breakdown by Figure in the introduction, that
would take up as much space as the entire SignPuddle, I  was trying to
save that for each chapter, which goes solely by GROUP for now.  Look at
the top of Chapter 1 and you will see all of the Figures in Group 1. The
index finger (the first one) then goes through all of the Orientations,
etc. in the first column. I used representative samples, not exhaustive.

This was an Introduction for ONE conference, not exhaustive for all
things. I plan to follow the sequence as presented in the SignPuddle for
input, as closely as possible, when one is going through any of the
groups beyond the hand shapes.

I am sorry that I was not more explicit, one has to start somewhere.

Charles Butler
240-764-5748
Clear writing moves business  forward.

--