SW SYMPOSIUM ...THANK YOU THE SYMPOSIUM CHAIRPERSONS AND INTERPRETERS!

Sun Jul 27 04:55:34 UTC 2014

Thank you, Roberto, and I hope to meet you all soon again too, whether it be in Google Hangouts or in person ;-)

I want to thank the three Chairpersons who made our SignWriting Symposium 2014 possible … Steve Slevinski, Adam Frost and Nancy Romero … without them none of this would be possible…thank you!

Steve suggested Google Hangouts software..(thank you Steve ;-)  I think it was a great experience to use Google Hangouts… and Steve also showed the slides for all the presenters, and even demonstrated Delegs Editor software with Stefan Woehrmann’s direction…that worked really well…you made a great team...

Adam’s technical knowhow, setting up our broadcasts in Google Hangouts, and teaching me the details of Google Hangouts...and Adam helped so many presenters with rehearsals, and helped us learn how to invite people to Google Hangouts to present and so forth…there were so many details it is hard to even remember them all...and then at the last minute Adam offered to do the ASL interpreting - we are so grateful to you Adam - what a marathon of interpreting you did!

...and Nancy thank you for your support, for voice-interpreting from ASL to English, which was excellent, and thank you for giving me breaks during the live broadcast… One of the most fun parts of the Symposium was when I learned that Nancy knew Madson Barreto from Brazil! That was very cool ;-) And Madson and I both had Nancy's book “The Gospel According to John” in our hands!

I also want to thank our Brazilian interpreters, Diego Barbosa and Gisele Iandra Pessini Anater, for providing Libras-Portuguese interpreting for the Brazilian viewers - We appreciate all you did, including helping presenters through the rehearsals as well as providing interpreting during the presentations.

So thanks to you all for making this SignWriting Symposium possible!

Val ;-)

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu