SignWriting Symbol Font: TrueType outlines with OpenType features

Valerie Sutton signwriting at MAC.COM
Sun Sep 21 19:45:15 UTC 2014

SignWriting List
September 21, 2014

André and everyone -

Steve is working long hours alone, to bring out SignPuddle 3, which will include new versions of SignMaker and SignText. But there will be no keyboarding in SignPuddle 3. He is also working very hard on getting Unicode 8 to function, and also working on software development for the sign language Wikipedias.

If you would like to have keyboarding for SignPuddle, in perhaps SignPuddle 4, we all need to find funding to not only help support Steve and his family, but also other dedicated programmers who have also been donating their time to help -

I am grateful to so many software developers for their time and efforts, including Yair Rand, Eduardo Trapani, Jonathan Duncan, Jake Chasan, the Delegs Team in Germany, and so many others-  there are too many to name - and the vast majority of them donated their time -

We are so fortunate to have what we have! And I know the development will move forward no matter what…

But there is one fact…If there is funding, the progress will happen faster.

I am not a natural grant writer, but I am trying to find funds nonetheless -

So André - do you know of any sources for funding for software development? specifically for Deaf Education, rare languages, and so forth?

Finding individual donors, or finding the right small foundations whose guidelines match our needs is what we need -

So if you want our efforts to move faster, then we need to help finding funds -

otherwise be patient and in time it will happen despite us!

Val ;-)