[Sw-l] SignWriting Keyboard Autocomplete

Yair Rand yyairrand at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 23 23:18:13 UTC 2015

Hi everyone. I just added some basic autocomplete functionality to the
SignWriting Keyboard. Suggestions appear in light blue in the editing area
as the user is typing, and can be selected by pressing the autocomplete key
at the far right of the keyboard (the ' key on QWERTY keyboards).

This feature makes use of the SignWriting Server, developed by Stephen
Slevinski.

The UI is not finalized, and probably will change somewhat. Suggestions are
most welcome. Currently, only the first suggested sign given by the server
is shown, which is something I'd like to change. The script is still a bit
buggy, parts of the suggested sign are sometimes not visible due to being
partly outside the box. Work in progress.

Hopefully this feature will make it easier to quickly type in SignWriting.

-- Yair Rand

sutton at signwriting.org

Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu