[Sw-l] Presentation 42

wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM wreese01 at TAMPABAY.RR.COM
Tue Jul 21 18:01:39 UTC 2015

Stefan,
Many years ago, I made a presentation at a local college and only one deaf man expressed an interest.  He was not a teacher and none of the teachers discussed it with me afterwards.
I bought a set of Signwriting materials and donated it to a city library, where there are deaf events, and the material never made it onto the shelves - they were taken by the hearing director of the deaf program there, who has her own deaf literacy program that doesn't use Signwriting.
I've exhibited SignWriting for a few years at an expo here but none of the teachers that went to the expo tried it out.
I've shown it to students taking sign language courses at the colleges here and they've said their teachers don't even mention Signwriting.
Like you, I wish I knew the reasons why.

Bill