[Sw-l] Chrome fix for SignMaker

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Wed Jun 10 20:46:30 UTC 2015

On 6/10/15 3:23 PM, Bill Reese wrote:
> Steve,
> I started to play around a bit with Signmaker and copied the ASL sign
> for "Day" from the menu on the left.  I selected the horizontal line
> that represents the left arm and started to rotate it. Holding the
> left end where it was, it started to rotate the right end clockwise
> through 90 degrees.  But, when I rotated it one more time, the right
> end snapped back to where it had originally started and the left end
> was rotated from it's original position counter-clockwise about 15
> deg.  I then selected the vertical line in that sign and it similarly
> didn't rotate as expected.  Is this a feature?

The rotation is based on the setup of the ISWA 2010.  The arms have a
different feel to the rotation that arrows and hands.

Here's how the arm rotations look.

If you mirror the arms, here's the other rotations.

I can see how the arms wouldn't rotate as expected, but this is working
as designed.  You can see the same rotation in the old SignMaker in
SignPuddle.

> I'm using Firefox on Mint Linux, Petra distro, if that helps.
Thanks for including the OS and browser info.  That's always helpful and
interesting.

Regards,
-Steve