[Sw-l] SW Keyboard

Jonathan y Yolaine joyoduncan at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 25 22:59:49 UTC 2015

On 3/25/2015 2:39 AM, Yair Rand wrote:
> @Yu Zhang: I've built into my SignWriting Keyboard script a system for
> adding new layouts without making substantial changes to the
> underlying code. You might want to try this instead of creating a new
> system from scratch. The code for the script is currently on the
> Wikimedia Incubator at
> https://incubator.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Yair_rand/SWKB.js . There's
> a "skeleton" layout in it called DOSLayout, which should give a good
> idea of how layouts are built. Also, there's a big block of
> documentation at the top of the script.
>
> (Also @Jonathan Duncan: Are you still interested in porting SignWriter
> DOS over to javascript? If so, you might also want to look at the
> documentation and code there. Or I could code the DOS keyboard layout
> if you've got a complete layout thought out already, if you want.)
Yair,
     It's still something I would like to do but time doesn't permit me
right now.  I am happy to hear that new layouts can be added to your
code. That's great news!!  When I get to doing I will definitely take a
look at your code.

Jonathan

> [...]
>>     can type quickly while other people just type with one
>>     finger?http://www.signwriting.org/forums/software/fingkeys/fkey001.html
>>     And if there can be an tutorial for people to learn how to use it
>>     will be great?
>>
>>     Thank you!
>>
>>     Best Regards,
>>     Yu
>>

>>     On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 11:15 PM, André L <andre-andre at hotmail.ca
>>     <mailto:andre-andre at hotmail.ca>> wrote:
>>
>>         Hello Yu,
>>
>>         Have a look at this document:
>>         http://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs7/sw0636_SignWriting_Alphabet_Manual_2010.pdf
>>
>>         Also
>>         http://www.signwriting.org/downloads/
>>         and
>>         http://www.movementwriting.org/symbolbank/
>>
>>         André Lemyre
>>

>>         Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:36:23 -0400
>>         From: yz13kh at STUDENT.OCADU.CA <mailto:yz13kh at STUDENT.OCADU.CA>
>>         Subject: SW Keyboard
>>         To: SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
>>         <mailto:SW-L at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU>
>>

>>         Hi my friends,
>>
>>         Is there any place to take a look at all the small parts of
>>         SW? So that I can roughly know how many keys could be.
>>
>>         Thank you!!
>>
>>         Best Regards,
>>         Yu
>>
>>         Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator
>>         sutton at signwriting.org <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org>
>>
>>         Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
>>         sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu
>>         <mailto:sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu>
>>
>>         SignWriting List Archives & Home Page
>>         http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist
>>
>>         Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages
>>         http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

>>         Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator
>>         sutton at signwriting.org <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org>
>>
>>         Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
>>         sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu
>>         <mailto:sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu>
>>
>>         SignWriting List Archives & Home Page
>>         http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist
>>
>>         Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages
>>         http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

>>     Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org
>>     <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org>
>>
>>     Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
>>     sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu
>>     <mailto:sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu>
>>
>>     SignWriting List Archives & Home Page
>>     http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist
>>
>>     Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages
>>     http://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

>     Valerie Sutton SignWriting List moderator sutton at signwriting.org
>     <mailto:sutton at signwriting.org>
>
>     Post Messages to the SignWriting List:
>     sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu
>     <mailto:sw-l at listserv.valenciacollege.edu>
>
>     SignWriting List Archives & Home Page
>     http://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist
>
>     Join, Leave or Change How You Receive SW List Messages

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>
Cel Honduras: (504)3141-1171
Tel USA: (347)875-8442