[Sw-l] Feedbacks about mobile app to write in SignWriting

Jonathan Duncan duncanjonathan at YAHOO.CA
Thu Mar 12 11:03:40 UTC 2015

Hi Adelaide,
     This is an exciting project!!

     At first I had a hard time getting around the prototype just
because a lot of features (buttons) aren't clickable.  But then when I
saw the green squares it helped me get around.

I really like the symbol circle. To choose the rotation.  I have
something similar in my program SignWriter Studio.  Just to let you know
that it´s intuitive for many symbols but not so much for others, that´s
why for some symbols in my program I just show a list to choose the
rotation, but of course being in a circle doesn't really make it any
worse for those either.  I really like how the circle appears afterward
and is a big space saver on the screen.

The T9 like completion looks great.

You should try modeling your prototype with a more complex hand shape
than the flat hand.  If you were to use an open 5 hand where you can see
the thumb and baby finger you would see that you would need 4 more
buttons for the left hands (rotations 9 through 16)

Wish you the best

Regards,
Jonathan
On 3/12/2015 4:54 AM, Adelaide Imperato wrote:
> Hi all, I'm Adelaide, an italian student of graphic design in Urbino.
> For my master thesis I've designed a mobile user interface to writing
> in SignWriting and I'm looking for some feedbacks, can you help me?
> New mobile technologies allowed me to create a personalized keyboard
> with SW glyphs, and I would also add the prediction text technology
> (like t9) in the application, to complete faster the writing of the
> signs and to organize the glyphs in two dimensions. It's very hard to
> explain my thesis project in few lines, sorry! Unfortunately I'm not a
> programmer so my prototype isn't fully working, you can only write a
> word: house. So I ask you trying to write “house” with my application
> and than tell me if you'll notice any problem both in structure and in
> design. The application is designed for iPhone for this reason some
> icons will be more familiar to iOS users, but it will still be
> testable for everybody. This is the link of prototype:
> http://invis.io/AJ23UG0U8 That's gonna take you just a few minutes to
> help me out with this testing, and I will be very grateful if you
> could! Thanks a lot in advance, Adelaide Imperato

email: duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca <mailto:duncanjonathan at yahoo.ca>
joyoduncan at gmail.com <mailto:joyoduncan at gmail.com>
Cel Honduras: (504)3141-1171
Tel USA: (347)875-8442