[Sw-l] Vertical SignWriting with borders in the browser

Stephen E Slevinski Jr slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Wed Mar 2 23:51:46 UTC 2016

On 3/2/16 3:21 PM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>     I'm really impressed!!!!  Thanks for sharing this with everybody.
> It will be useful for many programmers.
> All that reflowing and no Javascript to calculate where each sign
> goes, just let the browser figure the layout once they are in the web
> page.
>
> Maybe latter you can share the algorithm to calculate margin-right and
> border-left values for any given sign.

Hi Jonathan,

I put together another codepen that contains the algorithms.
http://codepen.io/Slevinski/pen/MywOej?editors=0010

It only takes about 20 lines of code because it uses the SignWriting
2010 JavaScript Library.
http://slevinski.github.io/sw10js/

Enjoy,
-Steve