[Sw-l] The first episode of the SignWriting Stream

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Mon Apr 13 18:22:39 UTC 2020

Thanks Suzanne Pach.  I really appreciate the feedback.

On 4/13/20 10:21 AM, Suzanne Pach wrote:
> I think the video was very interesting,
Thanks.  SignWriting on the computer is a complex topic.  I've tried to
use standard technologies as often as possible.  Our technology stack is
stable with multiple avenues of growth. I hope to use the SignWriting
Stream to highlight good resources so we can build communities.  If my
content is interesting, then I'm on target.

> but it could be clearer about what help you need (if any).
Big question.  Ultimately, I want to be a help to you.  Everything with
SignWriting is free to use, so find something interesting and make
something.  For programmers, the Gitter channel is a great place to
visit.  I'm available in the Channel during office hours and at other
times during the week.

I am very excited about the @sutton-signwriting packages of core,
font-ttf, and font-db.  These can be the foundation for any application
that uses SignWriting and JS.  Next I will be building a component
library in either react or with a universal component tool ( like
https://webcomponents.dev ).  Since I can only work part-time on
SignWriting, I can have a greater impact if I can help others succeed.

> You mention your patreon site but would you also like help in other
> ways? And if so in what ways?
Excellent questions.  Ultimately, I've had to let several projects drop
because of time limitations.

Right now I am focused on the server migration, then open sourcing
SignPuddle 2 (github), then the @sutton-signwriting packages.

> It would be helpful if you made very clear requests. For the
> SignWriting users this could be requests for example about input you
> need of them about what functionalities of the various SignWriting
> sites they find most important, what's missing etc. For the technical
> people this could be requests about specific functionalities that need
> building. At the moment it is a lot of information and it is hard to
> know where to start.
Thank you for the suggestion.  I hope the SignWriting Stream will help
sort through the information.

> I hope this feedback is of some use to you. Good luck with the next
> SignWriting Stream!
>
> Kind Regards,
> Suzanne Pach

Thanks!  Your feedback was appreciated.