[Sw-l] Handshape orientation problem

Honza honza at RUCE.CZ
Thu Oct 29 07:36:30 UTC 2020

Hi Val,

I hope, you are still going well ;)
We are facing problem with handshapes orientation with fingers pointing to
the ground.
See this Czech Sign Language sign
https://beta.dictio.info/czj/search/text/10627 (first video) (note that the
signer is left handed, but SW is always switched on right hand for ther
purpose of the dictionary.)
Sign is already written down using SW, but with incorrect handshape (just
to show better the orientation - without finger it is not very good visible
in this case).
There is a symbol showing this orientation, but it is non dominant hand and
that is not correct.

So it seems to me, we are missing symbols with this orientation (fingers
pointing to the ground).

We use SignWriting as well for searching, so it is necessary tu use correct
hand.

Thanks for your ideas.
Honza, Czechia

sutton at signwriting.org