[Sw-l] HoopWriting: kick-out

Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai suttikunep at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 19 21:29:17 UTC 2021

Hi Suzanne,

[image: MovementWriting_hoop.JPG]

This drawing introduces various symbols from Sutton, V. (1979), including a
wall, a unit tilt, a joint-circular rotation, and 3-D position symbols.

   - I assume that the hoop's circular motion is induced by the knee's
   circular motion. Thus, the joint-circular rotation should be represented as
   a symbol for this kind of movement.
   - When the knee is rotated, the center of the body must physically move
   in the same direction. To express this movement, the unit tilt symbol
   should be used. Nevertheless, I'm not sure if this is the correct use of
   this symbol because it's a circular tilt, not linear.
   - In addition, underneath the foot line, I included the two 3-D position
   symbols, in-out for the arms and up-down for the legs, to illustrate the
   positions of the arms, legs, as well as facing direction.
   - The direction of facing the wall is indicated by the wall symbol on
   the mover's left. The wall symbol could be written to the left or the right
   of the mover, across the foot line. The symbol must be placed on the left
   side of the mover because the mover is facing left from the perspective of
   the audience,

Reference
Sutton, V. (1979). *Dance writing for modern and jazz dance*. Sutton
Movement Writing Press.

[image: sign (27).png]
Sutthikhun