[Sw-l] A question regarding how to write the right index finger touching a part of the left hand's palm and fingers

Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai suttikunep at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 31 20:50:58 UTC 2021

Hello SWList members!

Today I have a question regarding how to write the right index finger
touching a part of the left hand's palm and fingers.

   - ThaiSL fingerspelling for vowels, tone marks, and other symbols is
   shown in the photo and video link below. The right index finger is used to
   indicate a vowel or a tone mark of a syllable on a part of the left hand's
   palm or fingers.
   - There appear to be symbols used in the SignMaker to write the detailed
   digit location, but I'm not clear how to use them since I couldn't find a
   description in the SW Textbook.
   - So, *which SW symbols should these gestures be written with, and how
   should they be written?*

[image: image.png]
Link: https://youtu.be/6eLfibTBiZQ?t=717 (from 11:57)

Thank you so much in advance!
I look forward to receiving your responses,
[image: sign (14).png]
Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai