[Sw-l] HAPPY NEW YEAR! ;-)

Valerie Sutton 0000001342802f5f-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Sun Jan 3 16:05:34 EST 2021

SignWriting List
January 3, 2021

Hello Dale Spoor, James Kegl, and the Nicaraguan Sign Language Projects team -

What a great photo. Thank you for sharing with us.

And what a remarkable accomplishment. Congratulations to the 5 Deaf students from the Altagracia High School on the Island of Ometepe, Nicaragua, who now have graduated and can make plans to continue on to higher education. It is hard to comprehend how much work this must have been for them and all the obstacles they faced, along with their teachers. But you have succeeded - The story is an inspiration and thank you for giving the world a positive story ;-)

And guess what? James Kegl sent us a video in Nicaragaun Sign Language with SignWriting in the video, and James has given me permission to post it on our web site - just as soon as I have the web page ready I will share it with the SignWriting List - Thanks again, James.

And thanks again, Dale -

Stay well and keep posting progress -

Val ;-)