[Sw-l] ScienceWriting: A long-tailed macaque sitting on a branch stump with climbing posture found in Phetchaburi, Thailand

Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai suttikunep at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 1 00:46:56 UTC 2021

Hello, members of SWList !

As many of you are aware, in addition to SignWriting (SW) and DanceWriting
(DW), Valerie Sutton has also invented MovementWriting, MimeWriting,
SportsWriting, and ScienceWriting (SciW). Normally, the SW List consists
primarily of SW content with a bit more of my DW work thrown into the mix,
so today I want to bring back other sorts of the Writing as well. After SW
and DW, SciW is the third option I want to write about because I enjoy
observing the posture, movement, and behavior of various animal species as
a biologist. So... In order not to waste any time, I'd like to present to
you a SciW work about behavior of a primate species, the long-tailed
macaque, living naturally in Southeast Asia. Detail as follows:

"A long-tailed macaque sitting on a branch stump with climbing posture
found in Phetchaburi, Thailand"
Transcribed on 01 Nov 2021 by Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai
Photo: Patta Vangtal (https://www.inaturalist.org/observations/99867614)

[image: MW_Others.png]

Facts:
- Most non-human primates have legs that are shorter than their torsos, and
their arms are longer than those of humans by ratio.
- Almost all primates have prehensile feet with a morph analogous to higher
limbs, with the exception that human feet, with the development of
bipedalism, are unable to grasp or hold objects efficiently.
- Most non-human primates have feet that resemble the Flat, Thumb Side hand
of humans in their regular gesture.

Hope you all enjoy the loveliness in this work!,
[image: sign (14).png]
Sutthikhun