[Sw-l] SignWriting support for Deaf-Blind?

Alex Garcia agapasm at AGAPASM.COM.BR
Thu Nov 11 16:00:33 UTC 2021

Hello Valerie and SignWriting List!!!

Thank you so much for your welcoming words!

I appreciate all kinds of communication so, I believe it is very
important that SignWriting could be much more known!

I'll collaborate with this and share information about SignWriting!

Please, attention to the following issues:

I am a deafblind person. However, I do not use Sign language! No! My
receptive communication is performed by "Palm writing" and my expressive
communication happens through speaking.

I use some technology to communicate, too.

So far, I'm going on!

Please access the following video from The United Nations and in minute
1 you can see me and Denise. Please see what Denise is going to do on my
palm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjO3SydTvoM

Well, I am 45 years old and in the following link you can read my
profile and some thoughts.

This year, I have been developing simple work. I wrote a poem and I am
trying to get this translated to the biggest number of languages
possible. I am doing well. I got the support of 14 countries and 14
people who translated my poem.

My goal is to have the poem in many languages and then use it to show to
the world that deafblind people live in many areas of the world.

We, deafblind people, are still invisible!

Best regards and we'll keep in touch!

Alex Garcia -- Profile clik here! [1]

My poem clik here: Dreams of a Deafblind Person [2]

Please access the attachment: Poem - Versions!

Links:
------
[1] http://www.agapasm.com.br/Artigos/Alex%20-%20Perfil%20Ingles.pdf
[2]