[Sw-l] SignWriting List seems to be working now ;-)

Sun Oct 3 18:53:37 UTC 2021

SignWriting List
October 3, 2021

A special thanks to the tech support team at Valencia Community College, in Florida, for working on upgrading the server that houses our SignWriting List. It is my understanding that this is the reason that we were occasionally having trouble posting messages to the List in recent times. The server is being upgraded.

We are fortunate for the donation of the SW-L software by Valencia Community College. It has been many years. The SignWriting List started in 1996, sent from my personal computer. It then became more public, in 1998. The List was moved to a server at a university in London, Ontario, Canada, for a short time, and then it was moved to Valencia Communiry College, where it continues today, along with SLLING, the Sign Language Linguists List.

We have 4 Archives, that store our messages. The messages are historic records for research, starting in 1998:

SignWriting List Archives:
https://www.signwriting.org/forums/swlist/

The SignWriting List is open to anyone who wishes to join, to discuss writing sign languages, and other forms of movement writing, such as dance and gesture:

To Join:
https://listserv.valenciacollege.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SW-L&A=1

Look forward to reading your messages!

And I have some news too, which I look forward to tell you about soon -

Have a great week -

sutton at signwiting.org

Mobile Site:
m.signwriting.org