[Sw-l] Sign for WHO in Thai Sign Language

Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai suttikunep at GMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 24 14:56:23 UTC 2021

Hello Valerie and SWList members!

Thank you for your suggestions about the "Who?" sign and other writings for
circular movement in front of the face. DanceWriting's functionality may be
confusing to me a little bit. I agree with you that writing from the
Expressive Viewpoint is a more appropriate approach to write in sign
languages. According to your description, I suppose I might misunderstand
at first that the position of a Circular Movement arrow must always overlap
the position of the hand, however, it seems that the hand and the arrow
don't have to be in the same place as you indicated. So I have a few
questions as follows:
- Is the position of the hand in any SW always the starting point of the
movement?
- Regarding the sign for "Who" in ThaiSL as you provided, if the hand is
located under the level of the face, should the arrow be located on the
lowest level of the circle as well? I'm just curious as to why your arrow
is at the top of the circle.

Your explanation has clarified a lot for me. So thank you again!,
[image: sign (14).png]
Sutthikhun (Ae)