[Sw-l] Rotation symbols

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Sat Apr 2 22:11:58 UTC 2022

The simplified answer is no they aren’t the same. The half circle starts in different places, albeit only a quarter of a circle difference in starting and ending location. One example would be the half circle starting on right side and then rotating to the left side, and the other hand circle would be starting closest to you and then rotating till it is farthest from you.

The complex answer is that while they are technically slightly different, that difference might not be that much of an importance for everyday writing. So a writer may choose to use the symbol that they are either more familiar with or just think looks more simple for writing and/or reading. The familiarity issue is also compounded by the fact that both symbols were not created at the same time, so the half circles from the left to right are older than the half circles farthest closest to farthest.

Adam