[Sw-l] Rotation symbols

Sun Apr 10 21:12:02 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
April 10, 2022

Looking at the sign for Agile:
https://sign2mint.de/entry/Agile/8088731661663380:5

The Rotation Symbols look good to me...

I have one suggestion:

The side-to-side movement arrows - I would write them with single-stemmed arrows instead of double-stemmed arrows. Both are technically correct but years ago we made a publishing decision, when it comes to side arrows, to use the simplest looking symbols possible, since they mean the same thing, and a single stemmed arrow is easier to read. As you know, moving to the side can be either parallel to the wall or parallel to the floor and it is the same “disecting” plane:

And what about the tongue? See my attached screen capture.