[Sw-l] A Filipino gesture, Pagmamano, written in MovementWriting

Sutthikhun Phaengphongsai suttikunep at GMAIL.COM
Mon Apr 11 13:38:07 UTC 2022

Hi Valerie and everyone,

I'm not sure if MovementWriting (MW), including SignWriting and
DanceWriting (DW), enables writing symbols for human interaction on a
regular basis. As far as I know, SW is used for writing sign language from
the expressive viewpoint of a single signer, and DW can be used for writing
solo and group dances from the receptive viewpoint, but I haven't seen
writing for interpersonal interactions like person-to-person touching. So I
intended to try writing MW in a different way, and I believe that in the
future, SW, DW, and other kinds of MW will also be used to write physical
interactions between people.

Sutthikhun