[Sw-l] A Filipino gesture, Pagmamano, written in MovementWriting

Thu Apr 14 21:50:38 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
April 14, 2022

Hello SignWriting List members, Sutthikhun, and AnnaGrace,

Thank you for these supportive and interesting messages about writing interpersonal contact with Sutton Movement Writing.

I appreciate your support for this idea. I believe there is a SW project, if I remember correctly, a project in Germany for research, using MovementWriting and also SignWriting…at a University at Bayreuth, Germany…." ISWA in Multimodal Transcripts" ...

And writing Group Dances in DanceWriting, was written from the beginning of the system, on separate 5-lined staffs…

I never forgot our first experience writing a ballet section of Sleeping Beauty ballet called “The Rose Adagio” where 5 male dancers wait in line to dance with the female dancer, and she takes her time moving from one male dancer to the next, each one waiting patiently on their own individual 5-lined staff under the music ;-)

But the writing of the Mano gesture is unique and places two actors on the SAME staff, so thank you for writing it this way.

For those who celebrate at this time of year, I want to wish you all a blessed holiday and celebration of Spring.

In the past, we wrote Easter Cards in SignWriting and all of them are lovely!

The older cards are still located here:

SignWriting Easter Cards
https://www.signwriting.org/cards/

Val ;-)