[Sw-l] Between floor and wall arm rotation

Adam Frost icemandeaf at GMAIL.COM
Sun Feb 6 14:04:20 UTC 2022

I agree, Carlos, that writing such details is cumbersome for everyday writing. However, after talking with Uta I realize that she and her team aren’t necessarily focused on writing the language, but they are focusing on encoding and making it easily searchable for people who don’t know SignWriting – linguists and native signers alike. Their dictionary entries are accompanied with videos. So for them, the details are more important than the ease in readability.

I have done some digging into some of the traveling arm rotation symbols that are currently present. This is just an attempt to show how to use these symbols that are both arm traveling and arm rotation movements. I have not decided if this is the correct one for this video, but it might work.

Adam