[Sw-l] Between floor and wall arm rotation

Tue Feb 8 16:38:52 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
February 8, 2022

Thank you Anna Grace for mentioning this book…

Lessons in SignWriting Textbook
https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs2/sw0116-Lessons-SignWriting.pdf

Axial Movements, which include Rotation Symbols and Wrist Flexing, are described in Chapter 8, pages 141 - 150.

And your understanding that you wrote below is correct. In Rotation Symbols, the forearm is the axis, that remains in one place. The forearm doesn't travel. The only movement is the rotation or twist.

Here are some examples: