[Sw-l] General movement arrowhead

Fri Feb 25 05:10:17 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
February 24, 2022

Hi Andre -
Thank you so much and you are are very kind.

I think I am the one that is frustrated that there are so many things to think about and to consider…I am losing my focus. So maybe you can help me...

Are you trying to formulate what you feel the new definition should be, based on all the examples you have found? I would love your advice.

I know you know this already, Andre, but for others on the List who may not realize, the General Arrowhead for Arm Movement does not really mean contacting hands. The original definition is “overlapping” paths. The right hand paints black and the left hand paints white, and when the two hands overlap, or paint on the same path, the black and white paint blend together to make grey.

Attached is an excerpt from the Lessons in SignWriting Textbook, on page 117.