[Sw-l] Machine translation evaluation help

Valerie Sutton 0000001342802f5f-dmarc-request at LISTSERV.VALENCIACOLLEGE.EDU
Fri Jan 28 17:07:00 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
January 28, 2022

Hello SignWriting List and Amit!

Thank you for this amazing work. I visited the site https://sign.mt and it is so much fun. I typed in the English word hello and the animated figure to the right fingerspelled it!

By the way, I started creating FSW text files for fingerspelling but I haven't finished yet. I will send you a file when I have it. And I also got the snow white videos back up online in our YouTube channel. I hope this kind of work is useful to you.

Now your request…

Reading the written ASL that is to the right of the blue line in the diagram attached… the English gloss would be, from my perspective WITHOUT reading the SW on the left:

Verse
41
. (period, end of thought)

His (person on the right)
hand
he (person on the right)
gives
her (person on the left)
hand
. (period, end of thought)

Then
he (person on the right)
helped up (assisted)
not sure of this sign with the W in front of the face -
comma (pause)

All
believers
he