[Sw-l] Machine translation evaluation help

Amit Moryossef amitmoryossef at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jan 28 16:39:11 UTC 2022

Hi all,
Over the past few months, Zifan Jiang from the university of Zurich has
been working on automatic machine translation between spoken languages
supervised by Prof. Dr. Martin Volk, Dr Mathias Muller, and myself.

We will include this system in https://sign.mt in the coming weeks, so all
could play with it.

It is *by no means perfect*. However, it is a first step to introduce this
as a natural language processing task.

Zifan wants to include a graphic comparing generated SW from a bible verse
in ASL. While we see some similarities between the *GOLD* sentence on the
left, and the *PREDICTED *sentence on the right, we don't know what the
sentence on the right means.

Could anyone who knows ASL and can read SW perhaps try to translate the
sentence on the right back to English?

[image: image.png]

Thanks in advance! More updates to follow soon

Amit