[Sw-l] Transformation from SymbolIds to SWU with information of dominant/rezessiv hand

Stephen Slevinski slevin at SIGNPUDDLE.NET
Thu Jan 27 13:52:54 UTC 2022

Hi Uta,

The temporal prefix is available in both character sets of Formal
SignWriting in ASCII (FSW) and SignWriting in Unicode (SWU).
These sets are equivalent and contain the same information.

There is no way to automate the spelling on the temporal prefix.
It can not be derived from the spatial signbox information.
It is a subjective analysis using a specific theory of sorting.

I know of one project that tried to automate this by making a few rules
and assumptions, but it didn't work.

-Steve