[Sw-l] Head position symbols

Fri Jun 3 16:12:44 UTC 2022

SignWriting List
June 3, 2022

Thank you, Professor Rubens, for your enthusiastic reading of Cherie Wren’s Cat in the Hat!

Cat in the Hat in ASL home page:
https://www.signwriting.org/library/children/CatHat.html

It is such a beautiful storytelling and transcription - and Cherie Wren did the transcription of her own video too - so thank you, Cherie, for the really super job -

And thank you, Adam, too, for providing us the SignPuddle online videos with Cherie’s signing and transcription - and your voicing and captions - well done ;-)

I am just an admiring bystander to the project - I just posted the PDF and other formats on the web - for example we have another style PDF that is fun too -

Cat in the Hat (different format)
https://www.signwriting.org/archive/docs6/sw0517-Cat-In-The-Hat-ASL.pdf

and a web page version:
https://www.signwriting.org/library/children/Cat-In-Hat/index.html

And the document never ceases to amaze me - the enormous detail it provides for writing a narration where the narrator is telling a story and then becoming the characters in the story, and toggling back and forth between narrator and characters….  really wonderful.

Thank you for the great question, Rubens, and I know you also have written storytelling so feel free to share your work as well -

Val ;-)